Thursday, September 11, 2014

Breakfast with Kate Lanphear, Anna Wintour,Eva Chen and Natalie Massenet during New York Fashion Week

Mom and I got a late start to day 6 of NYFW. We are starving, so we head out to breakfast at one of our favorite local spots. Little did I know that within a half an hour I would be the sloppy egg in the middle of a Fashion Titan breakfast crumpet! You can't imagine who!

Fashion Blogger Beauty Blogger Beauty by SW Blogspot




Photo: Courtesy of Hill & Friends
There we sat in a white, bright room, this should have been my first indication that I’d died and gone to fashion heaven.  I look two tables down and OMG! It’s Anna Wintour and Natalie Massenet having a power breakie, discussing her son’s wedding and various other fashion related things. My blood pressure starts to rise. I say to myself “do I walk over and tell Mrs. Wintour that I watch over and over the BBC mini bio Boss Women about her to keep me inspired and empowered as a mother and woman and do I let Net- a-Porter Maven, Natalie Massenet, know I've scrapbooked every article written about her lifestyle and business processes?” I decided NO, I’m sure some of you are saying- stupid move!  But I was venturing into star struck fan zone. How do I know this to be- my blood pressure was through the roof, prickly heat on my chest and face and (waiter could you turn the air up?) I’m sweating like a sinner in church! That’s how I knew I was star struck.
If the 2 fashion titans weren't enough, behind me I hear a familiar voice, I know this voice OMG_OMG! It’s Eva Chen, editor-in-chief of my favorite Lucky Magazine. My mom has no idea what is going on and asks me if I’m ok. I said fine mom! She then tells me how she loves the green and floral print dress that women has on and is going to ask her where she got it. The women in the dress (Eva Chen). Now I’m in full panic. I tried to text my mom about what was happening but my hands were shaking and she got up before I hit send. From that point on everything felt like slow motion, what Ashton Kutcher starting up Punked again and I’m his victim? When mom finally read the text, her response was “get up and tell Eva Chen your thoughts!” Thanks mother only the top editors of fashion are surrounding me and I feel like the sloppy egg in the middle of a fashion crumpet! I did go speak with Eva Chen, she made me feel so at ease that I then managed to go speak to Natalie Massenet only briefly as she was getting ready to leave. Mostly about my admiration and her super cool shoes, she was so wonderful. Anna Wintour has a secret escape way out of the building so I never got my chance at true bravery. As I was walking back to my table I notice that the women whose hair I had been admiring, well more like using her hair as a focus point for calming down, was none other than Kate Lanphear! I truly have died and gone to fashion heaven! I decide to tell her how much I love her hair color and was considering going platinum myself. Ms. Kate Lanphear, being the wonderfully down to earth and kind person she seems to be, agreed to have her picture taken with me outside of the restaurant. Kate just a thank you for convincing me to go platinum blonde and an added note of congratulation on making Editor-in-Chief of Maxim Magazine.
At this point I could have left day 6 of NY fashion week and been happy.

Until my next adventure

Xoxo
SW

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love to read all comments and love to hear from your stories- so be sure to link and share.

XOXO
SW
If you have a more pressing question please contact me via Twitter @beautybysw or swkpanachebeauty@gmail.com