Parkin for Guy Fawkes Day
Another likely consequence of James being assassinated is that Shakespeare would never have produced Macbeth, which was written to curry favour with James and probably first performed in 1606, in the wake of the Gunpowder Plot.
|photo Beauty by SW|
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup organic oats
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons molasses
- 4 tablespoons of honey
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt mortared
- 3 oz organic milk
- 2 in piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 1 medium apple, peeled and diced
- Oven should be set to 350f. Use an 8x8 cake pan and line with parchment
- Mix together the oats, flour, baking powder, ground ginger and salt. I used a large wooden spoon to cover the oats well.
- Add in the fresh ginger and the diced apple
- In a small sauce pan add the stick of butter, molasses, and brown sugar. Cook at low heat until the mixture is blended together. Do not boil.
- Stir the mixture into the dry mix and blend thoroughly with your spoon and then add the 3 oz of milk stir till you see a batter quality
- Pour the cake batter into the cake pan and bake for 60 minutes.
- I cool mine on a wire rack up where the dog can’t get to it! He eats sweets.
- Once it’s cooled to a warm temp we use either custard (if I’m ambitious enough to make it) or whipped cream for the easy of it.
We like ours on the ginger side feel free to use less if you’re not partial to ginger.