Sunday, February 8, 2015

Hot Bean Stew for the Grammy Awards!

We try to eat a few vegetarian meals a week at Casa W and I thought I would try out a three bean stew to spice up the Grammy Awards party tonight (party of 3).It’s very simple and fast. After a long day of Girl Scout activities there was not a lot of time to cook a big spread and, anyway, we we’re in the mood for a lighter meal that was low in calories but still filling (still trying to shed the holiday 10lbs! anyone else on the weight loss train?). This bean stew is packed with vitamin C, protein, and spinach for your greens, oh and a dash of chilies to make you sweat like a sinner in church! Now the Grammy Awards aren’t necessarily my thing. I love music but I feel like there is a lot of crap music these days (what’s your opinion?). I really enjoy the Oscars, Critics Choice, more film oriented awards ceremonies. Granted the fashion strutting down the red carpet (Hello Beyonce, Amazing!) both men and women has been an eyeful.

beauty by sw beauty blogger california



beauty by sw lifestyle blogger san diego

Green cilantro organic whole foods

Beauty by SW fashion bloggers
 This Stew took 30mins total, to prep, cook and plate, and we will have leftovers for days. As I mentioned I’m trying to lose the 10 lbs from my Scotch tasting obsession during the holidays, so this is a great stew for my weight loss goal at just 160 calories a cup.

Beauty by sw fashion blog

Beauty by sw fashion blogger california san diego


Time to put my feet up and rest. 
Let me know if you want the full recipe from scratch or the semi homemade version in the comments and I will post one.


Happy Grammy Award Shenanigans My Friends

SW

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love to read all comments and love to hear from your stories- so be sure to link and share.

XOXO
SW
If you have a more pressing question please contact me via Twitter @beautybysw or swkpanachebeauty@gmail.com